Abbey Jade Cosmetics is a natural, Australian made cosmetic brand with a social and ethically conscious. All products are made completely from 100% genuinely natural mineral ingredients and are chemical free. So not only good for you, but good for the environment.
Browsing through their website you might be wondering where is there red lipstick? The news is they don’t make one. We’ve enquired and found out that it was purely because Abbey Jade was not willing to add Carmine (an animal product) FD&C (chemicals).
I have a medium to olive skin, which can be sensitive. (I have had reactions to liquid and powder foundations in the past).
After receiving my Abbey Jade Mineral Foundation Powder, I couldn’t wait to test it out.
I started with my face being clean and bare. I then applied Abby Jades’s Mineral Mattifying Primer Gel (Clear) and waited for it to absorb into my skin.
I used my make up brush to lightly press the foundation powder into my skin in round motions finishing off with downward strokes. I usually use concealer with powder foundations, but there was no apparent need to this time. It covered well enough that I could ditch my concealer.
I managed to wear this for 8 hours without needing a retouch. I’d recommend keeping Abbey Jade Mineral Foundation Powder in your handbag on a night out or traveling. It’s fast, simple and hassle-free to apply and gives that flawless finish we’re all looking for.
How to Use
Finding a colour to suit you, apply a small amount of mineral foundation along the jawline, if it blends in and there are no obvious lines, then it’s a perfect match.
– Always apply mineral powder in thin layers, two is usually sufficient.
– Make sure your Mattifying Primer Gel or moisturiser has absorbed before you apply mineral powder.
- Remove the lid then remove the clear press plug. Replace the lid.
- Turn the jar over, tap the bottom with your finger, turn right side up, and open carefully.
- You should find a small amount of Mineral Powder Foundation in the lid.
- Swirl your Abbey Jade Kabuki brush in the foundation, and tap the excess back into the lid.
- Begin applying with short, feathery, downward strokes and/or light circles.
- You want the fine hairs and pores of your skin to lay flat, so try and finish with light downward strokes.
Note: You should not need to use a concealer with this foundation, however, if you feel you want to just add a tiny bit of primer, moisturiser or water to this powder foundation and mix to make a concealer consistency. Apply as you usually would any other concealer. Most people apply a concealer before the foundation but you should always apply it after, otherwise, you are just blending it into the foundation anyway.
Weight: 0.08 kg
Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 2.5 cm
Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), may contain (+/-) Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Tin Oxide (778161)
* denotes a certified organic ingredient